Jaarverslag van the Stichting Vrienden van het Juda Palache Instituut (click link to view report):
The basis for the Bibliotheca Rosenthaliana, Department of Judaica and Hebraica, Amsterdam University Library, was laid by Leeser Rosenthal (b. in 1794 in Nasielsk, near Warsaw, d. 1868 in Hanover). His remarkable collection of Judaica and Hebraica, regarded as the largest private library in this field, was donated by his son, the Amsterdam banker George Rosenthal, to the City of Amsterdam in 1880.
Since then the ‘Bibliotheca Rosenthaliana’ has become one of the large European collections of its kind.
For more information on the Bibliotheca Rosenthaliana and its collection, click here
Ets Haim Library:
Ets Haim is the oldest still functioning Jewish library in the world. It was founded in 1639 and has been housed in the historical complex of the Portuguese Jewish community of Amsterdam since 1675. In 1889 the private library of the then librarian David Montezinos was donated to Ets Haim and the library is known since then as Ets Haim/Livraria Montezinos.
For more information on the Ets Haim library and its collection, click here
Jewish Cultural Quarter:
The Jewish Cultural Quarter consists of the Jewish Historical Museum, the JHM Children’s Museum, the Portuguese Synagogue, the Hollandsche Schouwburg, and the National Holocaust Museum.
The Jewish Cultural Quarter invites its visitors to acquaint themselves with Jewish culture and history, to deepen their existing knowledge, and to think actively about the subject of cultural diversity. The basic principle is to make the Jewish story accessible in a positive way to as much of the general public as possible.
For more information on the Jewish Cultural Quarter and its collections, click here